AMERICAN SPIRIT MOVEMENT – PILLARS OF PRINCIPLE
AMERICAN SPIRIT MOVEMENT – PILLARS OF PRINCIPLE
Posted In Their Entirety From Our Official Website
(4-5 minute read)
What good are you to anyone or to any purpose without principles? We have published what we call our “Pillars of Principle” which can be thought of as our deeply held values, our morals, or a code-of-ethics. There are many ways to describe what I am writing about BUT the main point is this:
When I Founded the American Spirit Movement as a serious Conservative movement, I knew we would need to publish our Principles to help describe who we are and what we believe in. I feel these stand just as firm “today” as the day I wrote them!
1) WE BELIEVE in the Declaration of Independence and that our Founders and Framers got it right when they declared – “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”
2) WE BELIEVE in the Constitution of the United States and that our Founders and Framers got it right when they declared – “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, Insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, due ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
3) WE BELIEVE in the Bill of Rights and that our Founders and Framers got it right when they declared – “RESOLVED” by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two-thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all, or any of which Articles when ratified by three-fourths of said Legislatures to be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution; viz”
4) WE BELIEVE our Founders and Framers got America “right”! We believe in America and we believe America is undeniably that “Shining City on a Hill.” We believe that with the proper leadership throughout America and the proper representation of her around the world she will remain a great nation. The United States of America must and shall serve as a positive example of righteousness in the world. We do not believe America needs to be “fundamentally changed” or that America is “fundamentally flawed!”
5) WE BELIEVE that America must and shall have a strong economy capable of encouraging and rewarding those who endeavor to do good work and provide us with products and services that enhance and enrich our lives while providing for our wants and needs. We believe in the hard work ethic that built this country and the entrepreneurial spirit of “small business” America.
6) WE BELIEVE that America must and shall have a strong military capable of protecting her citizens domestically and abroad against all threats of all forms, at any time, in any location(s) and for any duration. We believe in securing and protecting our borders here at home as well as other nations with regard to our sovereign territories. We believe that protecting the safety and well-being of all Americans is the most important function of our government and military. We believe America’s military strength shall not be limited by the desires of those who reside here or abroad but ultimately determined by the real threats that exist against America combined with the desires of those around the world who truly wish to live within democracy and freedom on our planet. We believe that our diplomats and military are to protect our interests and allies around the globe in a manner that ensures and preserves our freedoms and promotes good will and free democracies abroad.
7) WE BELIEVE in American exceptionalism domestically and abroad. We recognize that many of us are born into different circumstances and God-willing there exists in each of us a burning desire to be the best that we can be. We believe in each American being able to have dreams and desires and encouraging them to work hard toward achieving their dreams and desires. We believe our children are the future of America and that every child should have the opportunity for their dreams and wishes to come true as a result of their excellent education, dedication to hard-work, and commitment to purpose. We believe when an American dreams of greatness they should be able to achieve “greatness” as they would define that greatness, not by anyone else’s definition of greatness. We believe that most Americans, regardless of sex, race, or religion, are motivated to be the best they can be. Often times these motivations are for many different reasons such as serving their faith, supporting their families, or simply for pride of themselves having done a great job or having performed a good deed. Regardless of what drives our desires for greatness, we believe most Americans are well-intentioned and do not seek to be a burden to others, our economy, or our society in general. Finally, we believe America is truly exceptional and we make neither excuses nor apologies to any persons or countries for that matter, for our American Exceptionalism. America is the land of the free and the home of the brave and she has always welcomed those from around the world who wish to come here through the proper process, with peaceful intentions, ready and willing to help contribute to her American Exceptionalism while pursuing their own.
8) WE BELIEVE America’s truly “sick, tired, and poor” deserve the support of our great society. These Americans come from all walks of life. We believe the “sick” are those who may be considered not able-bodied or able-minded and these Americans need our help. We believe our great society can help support the “tired” who are typically those who have toiled a lifetime and are approaching their golden years of life. We believe our great society can assist the “poor” who desire not to be poor or dependent on government, but who rather desire to be self-sufficient and self-reliant but they need a helping hand from our great society to get to the point where they can contribute long-term to our society and may need some short-term help along the way. We believe too much reliance upon the government creates a culture of dependency which is not what America’s truly sick, tired, and poor are seeking or deserve.
9) WE BELIEVE the American government should and must do a better job of working together within their respective branches, departments, and political parties. We believe we elect government officials to efficiently and effectively carry out their sworn duties to serve “we the people” and in many cases our elected officials have failed to operate in such manner and to the detriment of the American people. We believe an inefficient and ineffective government is harmful to the American spirit, American economy, and America’s exceptionalism. We believe there are those who are elected, and in some cases appointed to office, who have put party before people, they have positioned their personal agendas and special interests as priorities to come before sound policies or the best interests of serving the people and oftentimes it is “we the people” who pay the price. We believe most elected and appointed officials begin as well-intentioned but there are some (too many) within our government who give into special interest groups, lobbyists and other influences and they fall short of serving the best interests of the American people. Therefore, we believe in term limits at all levels of government because we believe our officials should work toward and achieve the results that best serve our great society while ensuring we maintain the freedoms that so many brave Americans have fought and died for. We believe each American of voting age should vote with their best understanding of the issues while acknowledging their vote should be guided by their selfless conscience and best intentions not by selfish motivations. We shall never forget that countless Americans have fought and died to bestow upon us our civic duty to vote to ensure our freedoms remain intact today and for future generations to come.
10) WE BELIEVE in the American Spirit Movement! We believe we can absolutely make a difference and we believe we are part of the solution, not part of the problem. We believe those Americans who seek ways to burden or harm our great society or find ways to work against the contributive and positive efforts of others are themselves erosive to our Republic and great society. We believe those who share the core values and beliefs of the American Spirit Movement will join our efforts. We believe that continuous waves of enthusiasm, enrichment, and empowerment will follow those who become a part of our movement and support those who have joined. We believe the American Spirit Movement will be long-lasting and will serve as a constant reminder that we are committed to the greatness of America through the efforts and support of the American Spirit Movement.
Thank you for reading. You can read more at our official website.
American Spirit Movement – Pillars of Principle
Please share this or any of my other essays with your friends, family, etc.
Godspeed and let’s be sure to help support each other in the ways the American Spirit Movement has established – Commerce, Employment, Networking, Education, and Idea-sharing.
Kevin Sabbides – Founder/CEO
American Spirit Movement, LLC
American Spirit MARKETPLACE